This accessibility statement applies to the Haricare and FISD websites, run by Haringey Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website.
For example, that means you should be able to:
- Modify the line height or spacing of text.
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts using browser functionality
- zoom in up to 200% without horizontal scrolling
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- interact fully with the website using a screen reader (including the recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use (external link - Open in new window) if you have a disability.
See also the Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB) accessibility options (external link - Open in new window) for information on how to adjust computer settings for people with low or no vision.
If you are a provider and are struggling to register, login or add your listing, please contact email@example.com and we will be able to assist.
How Accessible is this Website?
Most of the website should be accessible. However, we know some of the e-forms used on this website that are not currently fully accessible.
Known issues with the website:-
- There are a few occurrences of broken ARIA references and missing form labels affecting the e-forms on the websites (registration form and ‘add your listing’ e-form for providers).
- The multiple-choice questions on the ‘add your listing’ e-form for providers are not fully perceivable/operable via keyboard only.
- There are some colour contrast errors on a few pages (‘login’ page and ‘add your listing’ e-form).
- The editor on the ‘add your listing’ e-form is not fully accessible (most of the buttons it includes are empty or have no value text).
- Live video streams do not have captions;
- Content written by local Haringey Provider users may not be fully accessible;
Feedback and Contact Information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We will consider your request and get back to you in 10 working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact email@example.com
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) (external link - Open in new window) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS) (external link - Open in new window).
Technical Information about this Website’s Accessibility
Haringey Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 (external link - Open in new window) AA standard, due to the following ‘the non-compliances’ listed below.
Non-Compliance with the Accessibility Regulations
Within the ‘login’ page and e-forms:
- 1.1.1 Non-text Content (Level A): Form buttons do not always have a descriptive value.
- 1.3.1 Info and Relationships (Level A): Form inputs do not always have associated text labels. Related form elements are not always grouped with fieldset/legend.
- 3.3.2 Labels or Instructions (Level A): Form controls do not always have a corresponding label.
- 2.4.7 Focus visible: where multiple-choice questions are present in e-forms, there is no visible focus on any active element or the element that receives keyboard focus, so users might not be able to determine where their current focus is.
- 1.4.3 Contrast (Minimum) (Level AA): Colour contrast between text and background colours is not sufficient in a few instances (‘login’ page and ‘add your listing’ e-form).
Content that is not within the scope of the Accessibility Regulations
- Non-HTML Documentation (PDFs, Microsoft Office files) that were published before 23/09/2018.
- Pre-recorded Audio and Video published before 23/09/2020
- Online Maps and mapping services
- Third Party Content that is not under direct control of Haringey Council or main website provider (e.g. Google Translate)
Content written by third-party Haricare providers
Please note that Haringey Council allows local childcare and adult care providers to add web content to this website. These users are third party organisations working within the community.
While all page templates have been tested against the accessibility regulations, some content written by these users may still have the following accessibility issues:
- Not all pages contain correct heading structure.
- Some link text does not provide enough information when read out of context (i.e., ‘click here’ hyperlinks).
The council provides information of best practice to our web authors on how to use the website to make the content accessible to the public. Please see the ‘provider guidance’ page for more information on this topic.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We plan to keep the issues highlighted above under review and fix as many as possible by the end of September 2022.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was first prepared on 8 July 2022.
The statement was prepared following manual (keyboard) and automated (WAVE extension powered by WebAIM) accessibility testing.
Initial tests were carried out in May 2022. Fixes were implemented and the pages re-tested and passed on 7 July 2022.
Haringey Council’s Adult Services will review this policy every year on or before the month of September. Next review: September 2022.