Our service provision is based on operational values and principles of care. There are four basic types of care:
- Visiting care- where the carer comes for a specifiied amount of time on a regular basis. Visiting carers can help with with cooking, cleaning, laundry and ironing, personal care, shopping, doctors appointment, hospital visits and general administrative tasks.
- Live-in care- where the carer lives at the person's home. Our professional live-in carer workd with you to meet your personal needs and wishes, following an individually designed support plan that is put together by one of our local assessors in conjubction with those that are familiar with existing routines and needs.
- Respite care - where the carer fills in for another carer or family memeber while they take a break- either one-off or regular respite care from. Helping hands is a shorter-term care service designed to give you the opportunity to rest and recharge your batteries. It also works if your own health deteriorate or if in the worst case scenario, you are admitted to hospital yourself.
- Convalescent care- where the carer visit or lives in while the person is recovering from an illness or operation at home.
- The Re-ablement service provided vy Dcas Direct Personnel is all about helping you to do things for yourself, whether its include personal care or everyday tasks such as making a cup of tea and preaparing a ameal. Our aim is for you to be independent as possible in your everyday life.
Aim and Objectives
It is the objective of the organisation to provide a service of the highest quality, to improve and sustain the client's overall quality of life by meeting different objectives which include:
- provide the highest quality of care
- to promote choice and independence for our service users
- to constantly strive to improve customer service
- to invest in staff develop their skills and knowledge, thereby improving the service we provide.
- Tp provide best value through monitoring our service and systems on a continuous basis
- To ensure that the service is delivered flexibly, attentively and in a non-discriminatory fashion, whilst respecting each client's rights to independence, privacy, dignity, fulfilment and the right to make informed choices, and to take risk.
- To undertake a risk assessment of environmental Health and Safety hazards within the client's home and to ensure that any hazards are reported to the client/purchaser.