Abilities Development Ltd
Welcome to Abilities Development, a place where we realise abilities beyond any disabilities. We offer services to young people and young adults with moderate, severe and profound learning disabilities and difficulties as well as those with complex needs. Our range of services includes day programmes, respite and residential assisted living.
We are a supporter of The Learning Disability Coalition - where organisations work together to ensure that there is enough public funding for people with learning disabilities to have the same chances and choices as everyone else. Please click to find out more. We are also proudly associated with The Safe Network and Skills For Care.
We provide a wide range of serivces including:
- Day care
- Saturday club
- Holiday Programme
- Short Breaks
- Respite Care
- Residential Assisted Living Plus
Our activities include:
- Swimming at local community centre swimming pool
- Community Engagement: shopping, workshops in libraries
- Meal preparation - preparing own lunches, snacks
- Art & craft and mini-enterprise
- Leisure and sports, keep fit - bowling, using the wii and gym equipment, cinema, karaoke
- Games and recreation - puzzles, bingo, dominoes
- Health & Well-being - facials, manicures, pedicures, aromatherapy
- Day trips - seaside, country parks, discovery centres
- Birthday party celebrations
We accept new cleints at anytime throughout the year. To start the process, please complete an application form and return it to us. A member of our team will be in touch to arrange an initial assessment with the family and other people who are involved with the client.
Our team of quailified profesional service providers will review the assessment report and decide on whether we are able to provide the required level of care. This will start the admissions ball rolling.