We are a specialized Mental Health service offering a bilingual and culturally sensitive counselling to the Kurdish, Turkish, Turkish Cypriot and Eastern European Turkish immigrants, asylum seekers and refugees, whose understanding and expression of emotional distress is addressed within the context of their own cultural background.
DERMAN Counselling Service has been successfully achieved BACP (British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy) accreditation status.Derman has become one of the first Turkish/Kurdish charity organisations in the UK to have a BACP accredited counselling service. Our Bilingual Counselling Service works to the Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions.
What we offer?
Our counselors offer individual short-term (6 to 12 sessions) and culturally sensitive counseling in Turkish.
Some examples of the referral types we take on are:
- Problems related to being a refugee or asylum seeker
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Suicidal thinking
- Psychosomatic illness
- Relationship problems
- Psychosexual problems
Who can use our Counselling Service?
This is an adult (16 onwards) counseling service for Turkish speaking clients or clients of Turkish, Kurdish and Cypriot origin.
How to refer to us?
We accept referrals in writing from GPs, other Primary Health Care professionals, Locality Mental Health Teams and voluntary sector for adult counselling.
You can download our Counselling Service Referral Form here.
- Limitations to referrals…. Unfortunately we are not able to accept clients:
- who cannot travel to our health centre
- who are actively psychotic
- with learning difficulties
- whose primary problem is drug and alcohol misuse
- who display violent behaviour
- who need long term intervention or psychiatric treatment
|Delivery cost:||Not Specified|
|Total price:||Not Specified|