We can provide support and advice to HALS learners on almost anything related to learning and employment.
Here are just a few ways that we can support you during your course at HALS:
- Accessing the internet and learning resources
- Helping you to complete homework tasks
- Developing your study skills
- Looking at job market Information
- Carrying out job searches, completing job applications and CV writing
- Exploring your options after your course and planning your next steps
- Applying for further and higher education courses
- Preparing for job and course interviews
- Finding and applying for volunteering opportunities
Open Learning Centre (OLC)
The Open Learning Centre is a dedicated space for HALS learners to access computers, online resources and learner support provided by the learner support team to help you progress on your course and to explore career options. The OLC is open five days a week during term time.
Learners with Health Problems, Learning Difficulties or Disabilities
We do not have specialist support but please let us know if you have a specific learning difficulty, health condition or mental health difficulty and need help to study at HALS. We will do our best to make reasonable support arrangements within our resources. We would like to meet with you and your link worker (if you have one) to assess the level of your needs before you enrol on courses.
If we are aware of your individual needs ahead of enrolment, your tutor will help you identify how the course contents, equipment and materials can be adapted early. Tutors can also discuss the possibility of any allowance that can be made when working towards an accredited qualification with the awarding body. We will deal with anything you tell us with sensitivity and in the strictest confidence and nothing will be passed on to others without your consent.
If we are unable to make suitable adjustments, we will do our best to put you in touch with another organisation that can.
|Delivery cost:||Not Specified|
|Total price:||Not Specified|