English for Speakers of Other Languages
ESOL courses are for people whose first language is not English; Each course will help you study at your level, and aims to:
What do we offer?
- English classes at our main sites from at all levels
- English classes at many community venues, schools and some Libraries
- Class sizes of no more than 15 people
- Morning, afternoon or evening classes
- Develop your speaking, listening, reading, writing, grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, computing and study skills
- Citizenship is embedded in most ESOL courses
- Writing skills support classes at Entry levels to improve your writing and spelling
- A Skills for Life qualification at the end of the course covering reading, writing, listening and speaking
Who are ESOL courses for?
If you are a citizen of the UK or a country within the EEA or have lived in either for at least the last three years then you should be eligible for UK government funding for your ESOL course.
People with refugee status, discretionary, exceptional or indefinite leave to enter or to remain and their family members are also usually eligible.
Are the courses free?
Yes, if you are studying on an accredited course and you are receiving Universal Credit, JSA or ESA and National Insurance Credits
How much do courses cost?
If you are studying on accredited courses and get Income Support, Working Tax Credit, or Council Tax, or Housing Benefit; you must pay £2.75 per hour.
Otherwise, HALS ESOL courses will be charged at £4.50 per hour.
Learners who are studying on non – accredited courses and in receipt of Universal Credit, JSA or ESA and National Insurance Credits and are in the work – related activity group (WRAG) must pay £1.50 per hour. Otherwise, you pay £3.00 per hour.
You must pay for exams
(£30 for Speaking & Listening Mode, £15 for each Reading & Writing Modes unless you are in receipt of JSA, ESA, Universal Credit and National Insurance Credits.
|Price:||From: £0.00 To: £4.50 per hour|
|Delivery cost:||Not Specified|
|Total price:||From: £0.00 To: £4.50 per hour|