Bridge Home from Hospital Service
About our service:
The Bridge Home from Hospital service provides free practical and emotional support to patients aged over 50 years old to return home safely from hospital on discharge. We accompany the patient home and provide up to three home visits for up to four weeks after discharge to prevent unnecessary re-admissions.
What you will get from us:
The service encourages patients to regain their independence on returning home, by providing social and practical personalised support including:
- Accompanying patients home following hospital discharge.
- Home visits for up to four weeks after hospital discharge.
- Supporting patients to collect pension / benefits / prescriptions.
- Practical assistance with essential food shopping (non-financial).
- Practical assistance with contacting appropriate services to ensure residents feel safe and well with access to amenities – heating, lighting and hot water.
- Practical assistance with checking and topping up gas/electricity and paying bills (non-financial).
- 'Check and chat service' – telephone calls for the first 4 weeks following discharge from hospital to check how patients are settling back in the community.
- Provision of information and links, signposting and referrals to local community activities and local services.
- Help with making and accessing GP appointments and other health and social care appointments.
- Practical assistance with accumulated posts, completion of forms, letter writing and posting.
How to contact us:
By phone: 020 8442 7651
|Price:||Free of charge|
|Total price:||Free of charge|