Terms and Conditions for the use of Haricare
Related item: Terms and Conditions for Providers of services
The term 'website operator' or 'us' or 'we' refers to the operator of the website.
To contact us, please see the 'contact us' page on the website.
The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
By accessing this site, you agree to the following terms and conditions and other applicable law. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, please do not use this site.
All the information and material provided on this website is solely for illustrative purposes. It is not intended to, and does not create any business, contractual or employment relationship with Haringey Council. All the information, content, text, images, including but not limited to:
- HTML code
- icons and 'buttons'
are the property of Haringey Council, and may not be copied, reproduced, republished, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way without our express, advance, written consent.
All trademarks used or referred to in this site are the property of their respective owners.
The information on this site is provided free of charge.
In no event shall Haringey Council, or any of its employees or contractors, be liable for any damages whatsoever in connection with the information or material on this website, including but not limited to actual, consequential, direct, exemplary, incidental, indirect, punitive or special damages.
Use of this website
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited without our prior permission.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You must be resident within the Haringey area to make use of the services provided by this website. Carers from outside these areas may register as long as the people they serve are resident within the specified areas and are registered on this website.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and each party submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from October 2013.
We subscribe to the Data Protection Act and collect the following information:
- contact information including email address and phone number;
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
- other information relevant to customer needs, reviews, surveys and/or offers.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- If you have agreed by checking the appropriate box, we may, from time to time, also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, you can choose to opt in to our direct marketing services. Please look for the relevant selection box where you can indicate that you would like to receive marketing information from us
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting via the details on the contact us page on the website.
Any personal information obtained from the Portal may be used by the Website Operator for the purposes of operating the Portal website. The personal data will not be shared with any other party other than as described below or where the Website Operator is legally obliged to disclose the data.
Anonymised data and statistical reports will be shared with Haringey Council.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen if you have previously given us your permission to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please contact us via the 'contact us' page on the website.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please advise us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Whilst we endeavour to keep the information on the website up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under our control. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, we take no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.